Douglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree has a sweet and refreshing aroma with a light, lemony note! It is commonly used to purify the skin and promote a positive mood. Douglas Fir is sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, where its overpopulation threatens the country’s ecosystem. By harvesting the young Douglas Fir trees and using them for essential oil, dōTERRA helps to combat the environmental impact of the trees overtaking the land.
- Promotes a positive mood and environment when applied topically, helping the user feel uplifted.
- Sourced from evergreen fir trees in New Zealand, Douglas Fir oil possesses purifying qualities when applied to the skin.
- Add 1 drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma.
- Combine with 1-2 drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience.
- Rub 1-2 drops into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
Uplift With Douglas Fir
With a combination of citrus and wood notes, Douglas Fir’s aroma can help promote an uplifted, positive mood. When you need a happy boost at home or the office, apply a few drops of Douglas Fir essential oil. Because of its unique chemistry, Douglas Fir oil blends well with citrus, wood, and spice essential oils.
Directions For Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: For massage, mix 5 drops with 10 ml carrier oil. For bath, mix 5 drops with 5 ml carrier oil. For perfuming, mix 1 drop to 10 drops carrier oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.